
The planner-control freak type, like myself, finds comfort in planning because feeling in control of my life makes me more relaxed and happier knowing there's something I'm working towards. So when all the doors are closed, panic strikes and emotions aren't controlled. To manage and turn the above closed doors situation in to a positive managed phase in my life, the only thing I can do it turn to faith. Which thankfully is a very important part of my life. So this is easier for me than it is for most people.
Step One: Find scripture.
Jeremiah 29:11, 'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.'
Isaiah 41:10, 'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'
Step Two: P R A Y ! (No jokes, it works.)
Simple prayers from a 5 years old child work just as well as the prayer of a Pastor that runs a multicampus church.
Dear God, I'm confused. I don't know why you changed the course of my dreams and my plans, but I trust you. So I lay down my plans, hopes, dreams, pride and future success. It's in your hands. Guide me to the right place.
Step Three: Support.
The support I received from my family and friends was more beneficial than I realised at the time. My natural reaction is to recline and avoid people when I'm upset, but there are huge advantages to surrounding yourself with people and hearing their stories of faith for your own encouragement.
Part two of quote from Revenge, season2,
Every plan has a fatal flaw. Sometimes it's the heart, even in those who are supposed to be the most careful. But a careful nature doesn't always ensure success. When a plan is built on an unstable foundation, failure is not only a possibility--it's a certainty.
My emphasis being on the last part. If you believe in a God and trust him with the success of your life, make him your stable foundation BEFORE planning, and in this way, you are guaranteed certainty. Especially in moments were you (I) feel plans are falling apart and God has abandoned you. He hasn't. He just has a better plan install for you, so long as you listen to His whispers and are prepared to follow the directions he has for you.
(And I feel I can say this because of personal experience of the past two weeks. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be accepted in to Regents London school of Film, Media and Performance.)
Revelation 3:8,
| |||
Thank You Lord for opening this door. Sincerely grateful and completely aware how big this blessing is.


No comments:
Post a Comment