Saturday, February 23, 2013

Location: Cape Town. Day: 1.

I landed in Cape Town on Saturday afternoon. Delighted at the sight of my lovely friend Rona who was waiting at Arrivals to collect me and my overpacked luggage. (Yes, I still haven't quite got the clothes-to-days away ratio right yet.)
Never mind that.
We headed off to her first little flat in Claremont, chatting away in the car about all the events we'd missed in each others lives while we'd been apart, as far as I know, the drive only took us a couple of seconds...



We then headed off to Camps Bay to watch the sunset, read our books on the beach and have a glass of wine at Paranga. (A lovely restaurant, highly recommended so long as you use someone else's money to pay for the bill. Student Problems) 


Merlot, Durbanville. Good stuff. 


We ended off the day with some Sushi at the little restaurant below Rona's flats as we were both exhausted for some reason (not sure why) and thus didn't feel like driving anywhere. Plan for today is a trip out to Stellenbosch. Thoroughly looking forward to it! I've never been and many people have told me how much I would adore the little student town.

Adventure awaits.

Current Travel Funds: $ not-too-bad

No comments:

Post a Comment