
{ Part || }
Everybody, meet Miss. Georgia-Lenora Garson, an absolute gem that I went to high school with.
Georgie and I both left small town Durban to start our own 'adult' lives in classy mud-island, also known as England. Georgie went straight for the big guns and settled herself in to the big city everyone knows as London.
One of my favourite things about my friendship with this beautiful soul is that when either of us are feeling homesick for Ouma's Rusks or the smell of African air, having a chat or sending each other silly snapchats will without a doubt put an end to any sort of aching heart.
Now in order to keep this post short and sweet, here's a short version of why Georgie's amazing spirit and love for life is part || of 'love and stuff'.
Let's go back 10 or so days. Georgie sent me a snapchat saying she was out of a job. (STRESS!) But no. This curve ball that life hurdled at her was handled with such a positive attitude that today she sits as not only a happier person but also as a fashion journalist for a new magazine, KOLUM. (If you're a keen bean for fashion I'd highly recommend reading her recent articles, here.)
So when most people would sit in bed and sulk about how crap life is, my darling friend chose to do things different. She chose to keep her positive attitude! It's always about attitude kids, KEEP IT POSITIVE! Such a big game changer.
So when most people would sit in bed and sulk about how crap life is, my darling friend chose to do things different. She chose to keep her positive attitude! It's always about attitude kids, KEEP IT POSITIVE! Such a big game changer.
Anyways, short and sweet, so to wrap things up here's a little Q&A with the golden woman herself.
I hope if you're reading this and are feeling discouraged about anything in your own life, that you find a spark to give you the courage to throw caution to the wind in order to step a little closer to your big dream.
1. Your most favourite thing about life?
2. Tell me more about this new fashion venture you're on?
3. Where do you find 'life' inspiration?
4. If you were to give a complete stranger advice, what would it be?
And that is part || of 'Love and stuff'. Thank you so much to Georgie for answering this questions and for just being flipping awesome! I'm so incredibly proud of you and this adventure you're on! Keep shining and sharing your beautiful soul with people. A small town, everyday kind of girl, influencing and inspiring people in a big city, crazy kind of world..
My most favourite thing about life has to be life itself. There's so much beauty in so many things and I think it's so important to take a moment to take it all in. Society has made it far too easy for us to forget appreciation for the small things in life. There's something so refreshing about taking a step back and being in the moment.
2. Tell me more about this new fashion venture you're on?
I got my fashion journalism internship about 2 weeks ago. I had absolutely no idea it was coming. I was working at a bar doing the social media/sales and events and my job role was no longer required so they gave me a bottle of wine, said thank you and sent me on my way. At that moment I was a bit unsure of my emotions. I had no idea what I was going to do. I had been wishing that I was involved in the fashion world for so long so I used this bump in the road to get myself a bit closer to my dream career. (Fashion stylist & magazine editor.) I applied for numerous jobs and internships and I put my faith in God to show me the way because I really had no idea. Because it's an internship, I don't get paid so I still need to find my source of income. Normally the fact that I don't have a job would give me enough anxiety to shoot me to the moon but I am my happiest I have been for a very long time. I'm finally doing something I am so passionate about and strangely enough, staying up till 3am writing articles doesn't phase me. It's my dream.
3. Where do you find 'life' inspiration?
My life inspiration comes from so many things. Like I said before, learning to appreciate the small things in life is a huge part of it. My family and friends inspire me everyday. Without them I wouldn't be where I am. Sometimes being away from home and in such a big city is very hard and working to pay the bills can be incredibly daunting too. But with the constant love, support and encouragement makes it that much easier.
4. If you were to give a complete stranger advice, what would it be?
I think if I were to give anyone advice, it would be to not take yourself too seriously. Society sucks people in and drains the life out of one so easily. If you aren't happy, change something. Why should we spend the one life we have, miserable? The best way to be happy is to "do you." Find out what it is that makes you tick, and chase that dream. The day you start taking the baby steps to achieving your goals, your life changes forever. Don't be afraid to throw yourself out there. It's the only way to make things happen. have no idea how I'm going to pay my rent next month but I am so rich with happiness that I'm not even worried. I'm living in the moment and the rest will fall into place. This is all part of my journey and I am so excited.
And that is part || of 'Love and stuff'. Thank you so much to Georgie for answering this questions and for just being flipping awesome! I'm so incredibly proud of you and this adventure you're on! Keep shining and sharing your beautiful soul with people. A small town, everyday kind of girl, influencing and inspiring people in a big city, crazy kind of world..

No comments:
Post a Comment