I love to read, however, I'm the person that can only read about 4 chapters a day MAX and then need to put the book down...
And I'm sure you can all guess what I'm about to type next?This "way of reading" cycle of mine broke with one, incredibly captivating book.
And by incredible, I mean WHAT-THE-FLIP-NUT-HECK-A-DOO-DILL! incredible.
I read the whole book in two hours.
Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo...
Official book description: Heaven Is for Real is the true story of the four-year old son of a small town Nebraska pastor who during emergency surgery slips from consciousness and enters heaven. He survives and begins talking about being able to look down and see the doctor operating and his dad praying in the waiting room. The family didn't know what to believe but soon the evidence was clear.
Colton said he met his miscarried sister, whom no one had told him about, and his great grandfather who died 30 years before Colton was born, then shared impossible-to-know details about each. He describes the horse that only Jesus could ride, about how "reaaally big" God and his chair are, and how the Holy Spirit "shoots down power" from heaven to help us.
Told by the father, but often in Colton's own words, the disarmingly simple message is heaven is a real place, Jesus really loves children, and be ready, there is a coming last battle.
Above: Colton and his parents.
I've always aimed to have a "child-like-faith" which is this book exactly.
I do feel a lot of debate could happen around this book, so I'm not saying everyone should read it, but if you've lost loved ones, have faith that there's eternal life, then read this because you'll LOVE it!
My favorite part of the book, in short summary version:
Colton's mom sees the most exceptional rainbow, breath taking and calls her family to come outside and have a look. When Colton gets to his mother and sees the rainbow he casually just says, "Cool. I prayed for that yesterday." and walks away.
CHILD LIKE FAITH.
Ask. Believe it's yours. And it will be.
Our God is a loving father, why wouldn't he want to answer your prayers?!
Colton's Jesus.



No comments:
Post a Comment