Lazy rainy Saturday mornings. Sound familiar?
Waking up,
listen to the rain,
make tea
and flop down on the couch.
Surf the TV till Cake Boss comes on and sit mesmerised with how such magnificent cakes could be made!
That's what happened to me this Saturday. Which then inspired my baking. Funny how that happens, hey?
Well, I used the inspired opportunity to try my Granny Beryl's chocolate cake recipe for the first time. Leap of faith as I move away from box cakes towards real, from scratch cake baking.
It was fun and many childhood memories flooded back of my mother and I baking together when I was a little tot. I'll always miss that.
The cake turned out well according to my friends. "Best cake I've ever tasted" -I'll pretend it could remotely be true.
I feel like I could possibly share the recipe with the blogging world, but then again, why would I give away such genius? Maybe some time in the future, but for right now, thank you Granny for such amazing chocolate cake..
Mommy and I miss you.
No comments:
Post a Comment