Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Zambia, the first and most inspiring adventure thus far...

Zambia. January 2013. A visit to my boyfriend and his family.
After 10 days of fresh air, delicious food, good company and lots of love shared between many people, I arrived home. The short holiday was relaxing and inspired many new thoughts and ideas. 
While I was there I read, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin Sharma. I'm half way through it and already feel it has impacted my life hugely! Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a little blessing on your life and the way you think. (If you're Christian, be open minded, I'm not saying go out there and become a monk.) 

 Three brothers. 
 Cliche hearts to finish off the perfect photo album.
 The three brothers' girlfriends.
Loving love. 

Zambia inspired and sparked interests that I've never truly had the time to venture in to. Watching delicious food being made and then enjoying each flavour as it burst in my mouth made me want to master the art of cooking more than I've ever wanted to before! Hence, a generous part of my "gap year" will be spent in kitchens. 

Another thing I've always been interested in is WINE.  However, I've never known much about it, nor have I had the ID to publicly drink it. Both these limiting factors changed in 2012 and I'm now excited to taste & learn about the many different 'vinos' out there and hopefully, retire on a wine estate in California one day? I have my whole life to work toward it, don't I? Anyway, since I'm focusing on the "now" I might just start off with a weekly wine night with friends. 
Classy. Educational. Social. Sounds perfect to me! 


2013 is for dreaming. Nobody stop me from doing that. 




No comments:

Post a Comment