Saturday, November 3, 2012

New Seasons and new blogs.


Exactly 1 month ago, I wrote my very last high school exam, thus concluding my years at school. Since then I've been unusually busy;  Matric rage, trip to the Drakensberg, Christmas shopping, family holiday at the Vaal river, my brother coming home from the USA, the lion park, a weekend at Mkhuze Game Reserve and of course my most recent hype being Christmas and all the festivities it brings along. 


All round it's been a spectacular month.
 I now have approximately 4 weeks holiday left to enjoy before I embark on an adventure commonly known as "Life". And oh my my my, am I excited! 

I have 2 reasons for starting a new blog and not continuing with the one I had. 1) My previous one started at the beginning of High School, a lot has changed since then and I feel a "new season" deserves a "new blog". 2)  This blog's posts will solely be dedicated to sharing the adventures and lessons life is bound to teach me over the next couple months

Many people question the whole "public + personal" and my reason for doing this is that I have friends and family all over the world and considering I won't be in one place through out my "semi" gap year, this might be the best medium of communication for the next while. 

Wisdom is the greatest asset.
Education is powerful.
Growing is never ending. 
Learning,  if not at school, is enjoyable. 
My 2013 year hasn't been set in stone as yet. Currently I'm still waiting to be accepted in to a British university which starts in September. Until then I am "Gap Year-ing". Internship, au-pairing, learning to cook, self growth and travel as much as possible.

In Drama this year we learnt about the "Holistic actor", they used Mental, Spiritual, Emotional and Physical elements to portray and grow their character... In this same way, my 2013 plan is to be a 

Holistic Learner. 

 “Mentally” “Spiritually” “Emotionally” “Physically”


G R O W 

I hope that whatever the subject of my future posts will be they'll be somewhat beneficial to society! (Or at least my mom's sanity)
Until then, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment