(Mainly these posts are to update my mom & family back in South Africa)
Packed. Ready to go. Goodbye Durban & Mommy.
Everything was on track and I was prepared for an easy, hassle free flight.
...and then I got to JHB. Limited for time, I rushed through to international departures, stood in a long line, only to be told my wrapped up bag was 2kgs overweight and nothing could be done. Even though when flying with Kulula, it wasn't an issue. Now because of my time constraint & needing to get through security and passport control, I was rather irritated.
Unpack. Repack into hand luggage. Rewrap. Check-In.
10min Security line. 20min Passport control line. Stressed.
and with 5min to spare, I got to my boarding gate.
Once I got to my seat, I discover a USB port, made my night! As my phone was almost dead.
Airplane doors closed and the seat next to me was still empty. SCORE!
I then read a little, watched Pride & Prejudice, Slept,
woke up with breakfast being served and 2 hours later we landed in Paris while it snowed outside. Beautiful!
After landing in Birmingham & immediately put on a further 3 layers of clothing:
No bags... 10min.. Still no bags... 5min.. still no bags...
Report them lost.
and at 6pm they were delivered to my dad's flat.
My first night out in Stratford, a little british pub-resturant with fireplaces and old-school decor.
Happy Dad
Berries & Snow
Snow snow snow.
My cousin & I..
Keeping warm.
I made it just in time! Although my flight was delayed in Paris and my bags didn't arrive when I got to Birmingham, I did! Just in time. KLM headlines. Many flights cancelled only one day later.








No comments:
Post a Comment