optimism |ˈäptəˌmizəm|noun1 hopefulness and confidence about the future or the successful outcome of something
An optimistic soul will never remain so without fuel. Everyone is inspired by something every once in a while. That inspiration will usually prompt you to change something about your life, or for a certain amount of time think and view things differently.
Thinking back 3 days ago. If you had tried to dull my optimism with "realist" (which some may call pessimist) thinking, I would have had enough 'fuel' to start a debate about dreams, hopes, positive energy, the answer of prayers, anything with success in it for that matter! I would have had enough of "it" to tell you that you're wrong and that it's good to dream.
But then life happens. Usually not how we plan it either. It's life that's caused a drastic change in my mind, from 3 days ago.After a successful university interview yesterday, I was told about something incredibly tragic.News that sucks all optimism out of a person. And then this morning, I woke up feeling rather dry.. Confused & shocked.
Pjs. Lounging. Eating. Facebook. Nothing optimistic about any of it.
Life happened. It's still going to happen. It happens to everyone.
Nevertheless, the thing is, to stay inspired, or else life sucks you in and nothing good comes of that. Now it's time to find the things that inspire me and focus on those things, if anything, just until I get back to my mom's home.
Music. Pinterest. Blogs. Pretty Things. Tea. Books. Watching town people.That's where I'll be the next couple days.
An optimistic soul will never remain so without fuel. Everyone is inspired by something every once in a while. That inspiration will usually prompt you to change something about your life, or for a certain amount of time think and view things differently.
Thinking back 3 days ago. If you had tried to dull my optimism with "realist" (which some may call pessimist) thinking, I would have had enough 'fuel' to start a debate about dreams, hopes, positive energy, the answer of prayers, anything with success in it for that matter! I would have had enough of "it" to tell you that you're wrong and that it's good to dream.
But then life happens. Usually not how we plan it either. It's life that's caused a drastic change in my mind, from 3 days ago.After a successful university interview yesterday, I was told about something incredibly tragic.News that sucks all optimism out of a person. And then this morning, I woke up feeling rather dry.. Confused & shocked.
Pjs. Lounging. Eating. Facebook. Nothing optimistic about any of it.
Life happened. It's still going to happen. It happens to everyone.
Nevertheless, the thing is, to stay inspired, or else life sucks you in and nothing good comes of that. Now it's time to find the things that inspire me and focus on those things, if anything, just until I get back to my mom's home.
Music. Pinterest. Blogs. Pretty Things. Tea. Books. Watching town people.That's where I'll be the next couple days.
Oh Ash, how I wish I could protect you from "life" but where would the learning it that be?
ReplyDelete