Today, for the first time, I experienced The Meat Counter.
Yes, it was most definitely an experience, how could homemade burgers be anything less?
A lot of my friends have been raving about "The best
burgers in Falmouth" for some time now, however, I've been attempting to maintain a very healthy lifestyle, so I could never find a good enough reason to indulge in scrumptiously fried protein & carb.
Obviously that was until today. Walking in there, I was set out to find a vegetarian option as I planned June to be a "meat free" month. After reading their menu I decided July would be my meat free month instead. I then ordered their classic burger and some hand cut chips.
The staff were absolutely amazing. Friendly, welcoming, chatty. Everything you dream burger-joint-staff to be! haha. The amazing lights, wood ceiling and chalkboard typography walls gave the place such a great atmosphere. Classy but casual enough to stick cutlery in a metal bucket next to the ketchup. It even inspired my friend and I to whip out some paper and pens so we could jot down our dreams and aspirations we had for the next 10 years. (And this was BEFORE the food arrived. Woaah buddy!)
The background music was a mix of mellow-but-upbeat-make-me-happy tunes, accompanied by the sound of drilling. Construction noise. Which would usually be a turn off, but when I tell you that it was there because they are expanding & making room for more lovely Falifornian folk, then you should be happy.
Our burgers and chips arrived. "Ooohs" and "Aaaahs" from my friend and I. Photo. Another photo. Nom. Nom. Nom. All gone.
Did I mention that when I ordered, I asked ignorantly, "If I don't finish everything, do you guys have a take-away box?" how silly of me. Everything was delicious. The burger was in not drenched in fast-food oil, but rather the kind that mom uses at home. The chips were thick enough to be obviously hand cut, but not so thick that the middle is cold and uncooked. They were crispy-soft. Yes. Crispy-soft.
And before I insist everyone try it out, I will mention, there was a salad on the menu, and rabbit food, the kind that I'll only be consuming for the month of July. So if you're one of those super cool health freaks or even a dedicated veggie, you can totes eat here too. Don't feel too guilty that you're not eating, you know 'meat' at 'The Meat Counter'.
Anyway, back to insisting. If you're in Falmouth, eat at The Meat Counter.
You won't regret it. Or maybe you will. Go anyway.
Open 11am till 10pm.
25 Arwenack Street. TR11 3IE Falmouth. Cornwall.
(Walk down the High Street, right hand side.)
01326312220

No comments:
Post a Comment