Saturday, May 25, 2013

I was once a dedicated blogger.

Hello people who occasionally read my blog.
I apologies for not giving you much to read about the past 2 months. I seem to have lost a lot of the dedication I once had for blogging. Things have been busy, lots has changed and I just haven't made time for myself to sit down and do something that use to once make me so happy. So that's about to change.

Since no one in the world would be interested in reading a 10 page blog about the things I've done and learnt over the past 8 weeks, I thought a simple bullet update would suffice.

Things I've done since 30 March 2013:
(Largely summarised.) 

-Move from South Africa to England. (Left my mom also know as home.)
-Visit Falmouth, Cornwall, England.
-Visit London, England. Twice. Blessed.
-Visit Ibiza, Spain.
-Turn 19.
-Get accepted in to University. Hello September 2013.
-Grow up.
-Gain strength & courage.
-Miss home.

Things I've learnt since 30 March 2013:

-Flights are OFTEN delayed. Be prepared.
-I'm a cry baby.
-Everything is expensive. Find coupons.
-There's beauty in everything.
-South African meal portions are WAY too big.
-Do what makes YOU happy. (Or don't complain.)
-"The hand that gives, is the hand that gathers."
-Speak up. With respect.
-Be grateful.
-Make the most of every situations, especially the bad ones.
-Enjoy getting lost.
-Today is always over very quickly.
-Right now.
-Live LIGHT. Especially when you're on a gap year.
-Be serious when you're old.
-Follow your dreams, they know the way.
-Listen to more happy music.
-Observe children, and then learn from them.
- ie. Have faith. Laugh more.
-Find what inspires you and cling to it.
-Pray often. It helps.
-Leave pride behind.
-Learn new languages. After all, communication is key.

and most importantly, -Never be ashamed to tell the world how much you love your mother. She has done more for you than anyone else ever has, or will.


The farewell party's treats. 


Hello Big Ben. 


Ibiza with my Uncle, Aunt & Cousins. 


Celebrating my 19th Birthday at Alton Towers. 


"Because I'd rather have flowers in my hair than diamonds around my neck"

1 comment:

  1. By far the wisest 19 year old I know... "Never be ashamed to tell the world how much you love your mother. She has done more for you than anyone else ever has, or will -" so so true Ash. You and your mom are two of the most amazing woman I know - I feel blessed to call you family :) xxx

    ReplyDelete