Friday, January 10, 2014

Bootcamp [DAY1]

Starting today. For 4 weeks, 4 times a week, I will be taking part in what The Core gym, call BOOTCAMP. It's literally all in the name. Come rain or shine it's outside.. Come sweat and tears it's fitness. Reaching towards goal weights and shredding inches from bodies.
Since this blog is about what I learn. I've now decided that documenting the things my body and muscles learn would be a good thing for multiple reasons,

  • track my progress
  • public accountability (further motivation for myself) 
  • potentially inspire other people 
  • and provide people with an occasional laugh. (I'm not exactly what someone would refer to as an "athletic" person".)
So here's my morning for you: 


3:30- Wake up in a panic, "I've missed my alarm! I'm going to be late!" ... wrong. 
4:45- same again. 
5:30- same again. Go to toilet. 
5:45- toss and turn. 
6:20- alarm goes off. ...YES! 
6:22- watch motivational youtube video.
6:45- Lift arrives. 
7:00- Chat with friends about how great boot camp is going to be. 
7:05- warm up. 
7:10- begin fitness test; Jumping Jacks, Press Ups, Burpees, Sit Ups, Squat Jumps, Dorsal Raise, High Knees, Squats...
7:30- "I feel like I'm going to be sick."
7:35- Knee Repeaters, Tricep Dips, Oblique Twist, Run, Hip Raises, Mountain Climbers, Lunges. 
7:50- plank. (Only lasted 1min12sec) 
7:55- warm down. 
8:10- get bus back to campus. 
8:30- make complete plus shake for breakfast. 

8:45- Ready to have an energised "dont-worry-be-happy" kind of day!


A one hour session of bootcamp COMPLETE.
Another 15 more sessions to go. NOT THAT HARD. 
(I'm saying this because at the end of November last year I did my first 4 week bootcamp. I survived. I lost some weight. I lost a few inches even. Only good things can come from this.) 

So to end of my first "fitness" post, a letter to my body. 

Dear Ashleigh's body.
Right now you are unfit. Not in the best shape. Out of breath after a 10minute jog. And that's fine, howevz, I'm not prepared for it to stay that way... Because you see, I have this very strong feeling that over the next little while that's all about to change.
Fitness, health and a "Yes, I do squats" ass is about to find you!
Clean, organic foods and lots of water is now your new best friend.
I'm excited to see what you look like in 3 months time!
Yours sincerely, Ashleigh's very determined mind. 





No comments:

Post a Comment